Sunday 7 October 2012

vocabulary profiling CTE 319 data driven learning

Lexis in English texts means the vocabulary of the passage. I want to learn the most common words as they classified according to their functions and roles. Moreover, I want to learn some resources that I can use in my future profession.

I learn the wordle, lextutor, color of words, concordance, frequency trainer and vocabulary profile which are very useful and helpful materials for a teacher. As a teacher, you can use wordle and you can get the main idea of the passage from the most frequent words. By that way, you do not have to read whole passage in detail. Also, by using lextutor, I learn about the word thypes which are emphasized through colors. I will use these methods in my future teaching experience so that both my students and I will save time. Additionally, I believe that these techniques make the word system more clear in students' minds so they can understand better.

No comments:

Post a Comment